Our U.S. Constitution was signed into law on September 17th 1787. We now celebrate September 17th as Constitution Day and Citizenship Day. This year commemorates the 230th anniversary of the signing.
Each educational institution that receives Federal funds for a fiscal year is required to hold an educational program about the U.S. Constitution for its students.
Dr. Dan’s Freedom Forum is sponsoring the educational presentation, Black Robed Regiment, that will be in venues across Western North Carolina during Constitution Week, September 17th – 23rd, 2017. The Sons of Liberty Riders and the Asheville Tea Party, along with other civic, educational, and church groups, are supporting this week-long event in various locations.
The Black Robed Regiment, has deep roots in American History in our struggle for independence.
The patriot preachers are remembered as members of this esteemed legion of warriors who come alive once again via Pastor Dan Fisher’s highly acclaimed Black Robed Regiment Presentation.
It is a 50 minute multi-media live program.
Dan Fisher also comes with Revolutionary War artifacts that rival those in the Smithsonian.
- The content of the BRR stage production is inspired by Pastor Dan Fisher’s passion
- to share the profiles of courage of these revolutionary patriot pastors in the context of their significant impact on our struggle to gain independence from Great Britain.
- The presentation is based on historical writings and has no political context.
- Pastor Fisher’s presentation takes approximately 50 minutes. One hour of set-up time is required prior to the show and one hour of break down following the show.
- There are no restrictions on the demographics of the audience. The public is welcome, space permitting, though seating preference is given to individuals and groups who are pre-registered.
Black Robe Regiment Presentation Venues, Locations, Times
For updates on locations, visit www.asheilleteaparty.org website at the Black Robe Regiment Presentation link http://ashevilleteaparty.org/?page_id=15754
Monday, September 18, 2017
Time TBA: First Baptist Church, Directions: 5650 SC-14, Landrum SC 29356.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Time and Location: Afternoon TBA
7PM: Hendersonville Presbyterian Church, Directions: 699 N. Grove Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792. 828 692 3211
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Time TBA: First Baptist Church of Franklin, Directions: 69 Lotla Street, Franklin, NC 28734. 828 369 9559
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017
10AM and 3:30PM: Tri-County Community College, Directions: 21 Campus Circle, Murphy, NC 28906. 828-837-6810
Contact one of us for more info and to get on the invitation list. You can also visit http://ashevilleteaparty.org/?page_id=15754
Buncombe and Henderson: Jane Bilello at 828 692 3117. Jane@AshevilleTeaParty.org
Haywood: Kay Miller: 864 325 0093. email@example.com
Polk: Dick Shaughnessy: 352 638 2981. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherokee: Dr. Dan Eichenbaum: 828 494 7283 email@example.com