This meeting with Reps Turner and Henson is in the process of being rescheduled. due to scheduling conflicts and NCGA being back in session.
Rep Cody Henson http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/members/viewMember.pl?sChamber=H&nUserID=720
Rep Brian Turner http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/members/viewMember.pl?sChamber=H&nUserID=696
Dear Brian and Cody,
Thank you for agreeing to come to our Tea Time Meeting on
Thursday, August 17th Thursdy, September 7, 2017 at 6PM at IHOP, 229 Airport Road, Arden to discuss the concerns we have. I will get through announcements and any important action items and turn it over to discussion by 6:30PM. So, don't worry if you can't there by 6.
Listed below are the bills and legislation we are most concerned about. What we hope to do is have you comment on these and to let us know what we can do to help you facilitate their passage. Having both perspectives should make for an 'interesting' discussion. Also, please guide us to any other legislation we should be focused on, plus your goals for the upcoming session.
Also, Brian you indicated that you would like to address the issue of re-districting. (In light of the courts still not ruling, I don't know how we begin to entertain re-districting (?) " ...
Senate President Pro Tem, Phil Berger explained that legislators were waiting for direction from the courts before they make their next move. That is a painful irony for North Carolina voters: Judges have said legislators considered race too heavily in drawing the districts, but it still isn’t clear what percentage of minority voters in a district is acceptable to the courts. Until there is such a decision, confusion will continue to reign. ..." )
1) HB29- Record of Excusals From Jury Duty (Also SB60) Representative Cleveland
AN ACT TO PROVIDE THAT THE NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF PERSONS REQUESTING TO BE EXCUSED FROM JURY DUTY BASED ON DISQUALIFICATION.
HB 746 http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2017&BillID=hb746
. Passed House (Thank YOU!) Stuck - like others - in Senate Rules Committee where good bills go to die. BILL ANALYSIS: PART 1 WOULD ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER, US CITIZENS, AND NOT OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO CARRY A HANDGUN, OPEN OR CONCEALED, WITHOUT A CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT. INDIVIDUALS WOULD STILL BE BLE TO ATTAIN A PERMIT FOR OUT OF STATE RECIPROCITY OR OTHER PURPOSES. ADDITIONALLY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEYS, IN ADDITION TO DISTRICT ATTORNEYS, WOULD BE ABLE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN INTO A COURTROOM.
1) HB29- Record of Excusals From Jury Duty- Representative Cleveland
AN ACT TO PROVIDE THAT THE NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF PERSONS REQUESTING TO BE EXCUSED FROM JURY DUTY BASED ON DISQUALIFICATION
2) HB35- Protect North Carolina Workers Act- Representatives Cleveland, Millis, Conrad
AN ACT TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYERS WHO ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FEDERAL E-VERIFY PROGRAM; TO REPEAL THE E-VERIFY EXEMPTION FOR TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES AND TO EXCLUDE FARM WORKERS FROM THE DEFINITION OF EMPLOYEE
3) HB113- Private Action Local Compliance/Immigration Laws- Representatives Cleveland, Conrad, Millis, and Speciale
AN ACT TO CREATE A PRIVATE CAUSE OF ACTION TO REMEDY LOCAL GOVERNMENT NONCOMPLIANCE WITH STATE IMMIGRATION LAWS
4) HB306- E-Verify Required- All Government Contracts- Representatives Millis, Cleveland, Conrad, and Collins
AN ACT TO REQUIRE ALL CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS DOING BUSINESS WITH THE STATE OR ANY POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THE STATE TO USE E-VERIFY.
5) SB145- Government Immigration Compliance- Senator Sanderson
AN ACT TO CREATE ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS TO COMPLY WITH STATE LAWS RELATED TO IMMIGRATION, TO PROHIBIT UNC CONSTITUENT INSTITUTIONS FROM BECOMING SANCTUARY UNIVERSITIES, AND TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY TO ENTER INTO A MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.
FYI: Monthly Child Rape Charges by Illegal Aliens FYI
1) June 2017 11 illegal aliens arrested for 39 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
2) May 2017 22 illegal aliens arrested for 59 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
3) April 2017 24 illegal aliens arrested for 132 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
4) March 2017 17 illegal aliens arrested for 73 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
5) February 2017 19 illegal aliens arrested for 37 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
6) January 2017 21 illegal aliens arrested for 49 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
7) December 2016 18 illegal aliens arrested for 48 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
8) November 2016 16 illegal aliens arrested for 82 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
9) October 2016 13 illegal aliens arrested for 33 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
10) September 2016 9 illegal aliens arrested for 31 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
11) August 2016 19 illegal aliens arrested for 73 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
12) July 2016 16 illegal aliens arrested for 114 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
13) June 2016 19 illegal aliens arrested for 49 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
14) May 2016 20 illegal aliens arrested for 76 child rape/child sexual assault charges in NC here
Previous Monthly Child Rape Charges by Illegal Aliens
1. November 2013 87 individuals 277 charges here
2. December 2013 89 individuals 575 charges here
3. January 2014 52 individuals 200 charges here
4. February 2014 36 individuals 200 charges here
5. March 2014 83 individuals 366 charges here
6. April 2014 99 individuals 672 charges here
7. May 2014 73 individuals 299 charges here
8. June 2014 48 individuals 184 charges here
9. July 2014 74 individuals 295 charges here
10. August 2014 78 individuals 418 charges here
11. September 2014 77 individuals 447 charges here
12. October 2014 73 individuals 384 charges here
13. November 2014 (info unavailable)
14. Dec. 2014 59 individuals 230 charges here
15. Jan. 2015 94 individuals 518 charges here
16. Feb. 2015 81 individuals 405 charges here
17. March 2015 67
individuals 205 charges here
What continues to plague us ...
Political Parties Operations
H373 was signed into law in September 25, 2015. Thank you Brian, for your NO vote. John Ager, Terry Van Duyn also voted NO for the right reasons. Unfortunately, our GOP reps did not. We'd like to know how we can assist to begin repealing it.
H 373 makes radical changes to how the Republican and and Democratic parties operate. It makes our state parties irrelevant and makes it almost impossible to get rid of incumbents. It puts power into the hands of caucus leadership. (See poison pill section below.) The bill passed both Houses in Raleigh on Thursday,, 9/24/15. See here for details http://ashevilleteaparty.org/?p=12287.
The history of the bill's passage is here.
Thank you Cody, for voting not to repeal HB2 . You are a man of your word!
Drone funding in state budges continues. It's the warrantless searches that still need to be eliminated. See here.
(5) To photograph gatherings to which the general public is invited on public or private land.
August 2014: HB 1099 (An Act toRegulate the Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems As Recommended By the Legislative Research Commission’s Committee on Unmanned Aircraft Systems) and the NC Budget SB744, (known as "The Current Operations and Capital Improvements Appropriations Act of 2014) that buried HB 1099 language on pages 227-231. (The language has persisted in every budget since 2014.)
Also see - They Got It Wrong here.
Many thanks. We look forward to seeing you both on August 17th, 2017 at 6PM at IHOP. With vacations, I'm never sure how many will come, but we'll take notes, pass on, and do what we can to assist you.
Jane Cell 209 986 3845