We need immediate action on DACA! This letter is broken into five separate sections. Click on a title in the Table of Contents to jump to that section:
1. The Issue
Our nation stands at the precipice. The Left has made unprecedented assaults on the rule of law, the integrity of elections, the first amendment, the second amendment, our religious liberties, our education, our culture and our national security. It literally threatens our very way of life.
Nothing captures this reality more than illegal immigration. Illegal aliens bring crime, disease, unemployment, epidemic vote fraud and the prospect of terrorism. They swamp our legal system, hospitals and welfare with overwhelming needs, while arrogantly demanding more. Illegals facilitate the drug epidemic, and commit murder and other crimes out of proportion to their numbers. Neighborhoods and schools degenerate while beleaguered taxpayers are forced to shell out to cover the exploding costs.
The big business of cross-border human trafficking also facilitates the illegal entry of terrorists from al Qaeda, ISIS, Hezbollah and others, a growing threat from Central and South America where terrorists have set up shop.
Despite the overwhelming problems and blatant defiance of our laws, almost all Democrat politicians and some Republicans actually encourage illegal aliens. Republicans falsely claim that there aren't enough Americans workers to fill factories. Democrats cynically use the immigration system, legal and illegal, for the specific purpose of increasing their voting bloc, while calling us all "bigots" if we object to their scam.
This was stunningly revealed in a secret memo exposed by The Daily Caller on Tuesday. It was from John Podesta's well-connected leftist propaganda mill, the Center for American Progress. Quote:
"If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond. In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects."
The "Dreamers" of course are the illegal aliens that Democrats (and some really stupid Republicans) want to reward with the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (aka DREAM Act), granting them amnesty, education subsidies and a laundry list of other taxpayer-funded bennies.
Right now we face a critical issue that requires immediate action. On January 19, the president must sign a budget bill to keep the government from shutting down. Both Congress and the president want to reach a deal on DACA - the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. Somehow, they hope to include this in whatever budget deal they work out.
DACA was one of President Obama's more outrageous - and illegal - actions; regulatory amnesty. It gave illegal alien youths who arrived in the U.S. before 2007 (but how does anyone verify that?), temporary legal status, i.e. action on their illegal status was deferred. They are referred to as "kids" but almost all are over 19 and half are 25 to 35. This group is a subset of the so-called "dreamers."
There are about 800,000 illegals signed up in the program, of 1.76 million or more who could quality. They are characterized as "victims" because their families brought them here before they were old enough to decide for themselves.
Their families - also illegal - are still here. This rarely gets mentioned. If they are "victims," why aren't their families responsible? Why can't their families take them back? If these DACA "kids" are amnestied, their families would become eligible as well. The numbers would then swell to as many as 5 million. It would be the largest amnesty in U.S. history.
The Democrats want to amnesty all 1.76 million, that is, all the "Dreamers." And that is a very conservative estimate. If this is approved, their families go on the short list, and the total amnesty could be even larger. Such an amnesty would change voting patterns permanently and would spell the end of our Republic as we know it. In fact, a recent analysis shows that amnesty for even just the original 800,000 could swing elections in 4 critical states and accomplish the same thing.
Candidate Donald Trump promised to end DACA on his first day in office. Instead he has equivocated. He ended the program in September, but gave Congress until March to come up with a legislative "fix." Now he's negotiating with Congress to include this fix in the January 19 budget deal.
2. The Response
Amnesty makes a mockery of our rule-of-law. We should not have to be lobbying Congress and the President to do their jobs by enforcing the law and securing our borders.
Mark Levin has called Trump's move toward border compromise a "complete surrender." However, today, Trump pushed back against a proposal by a new bipartisan "group of six" Democrats and RINOs -- the usual suspects -- that defies his basic demands. He is not budging. So our messaging to President Trump should encourage him to keep the faith rather than pillory him.
We need to insist on a secure border that includes:
1. No amnesty
2. Send them ALL home!
3. Build the Wall
4. End chain migration
5. End birthright citizenship (i.e. anchor babies), and birth tourism.
6. End the Diversity Lottery
7. Enforce mandatory E-Verify
8. Mandatory prison sentences for those who re-enter illegally (like Kate Steinle's killer)
9. Formally halt ICE's "catch and release" policy for non-violent offenders
10. No special treatment for Central/South American illegal alien youths - currently able to appeal for asylum, while Mexican illegals can be sent home immediately.
Reps. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Michael McCaul R-TX), Raul Labrador (R-ID) and Martha McSally R-AZ), have proposed a new border control bill. HR-4760. DC insiders believe this is the best deal that could possibly be made on this issue. NumbersUSA supports this bill, saying it "greatly reduces overall immigration."
1. A renewable 3-year non-immigrant visa for about 700,000 DACA illegal aliens
2. Wall funding, other border upgrades and more border patrol agents
3. Immediate end to chain migration
4. End to Diversity Lottery
5. Mandatory E-Verify phased in over 2 years
6. Defunding sanctuary cities
The bill does not offer green cards, so there is no direct path to citizenship, howeverNumbersUSA states:
"the bill's authors expect many of them to eventually obtain a green card through an employer or by marrying a U.S. citizen. I think we should expect that all or most of the recipients of any DACA amnesty will eventually have a path to citizenship."
This means families could get citizenship too; another 2 - 5 million.
Daniel Horowitz has provided a very good analysis of this bill. He concludes:
"If every one of these provisions is a red line and serve as the floor, not the ceiling, for “America first” demands, and if they intend for these amnesty provisions to be the ceiling and not the floor for amnesty, I can stand behind this bill. (Emphasis added)
"However, if they plan to whittle down the demands in the face of inevitable opposition from Democrats and even some Republicans, this bill will backfirebecause it will only serve as a tool to get Republicans on board with amnesty... Amnesty will become the universal imperative, and we will be left with the same result as the other seven amnesties in recent years: amnesty now and phony promises of enforcement later." (Emphasis added)
I leave it to you to decide which path this legislation will probably take. As we have said, there is no reason we should have to be negotiating about illegal aliens. They broke the law. Period.
3. Take Action
Following are some of the actions you can take:
Click HERE to join with ALIPAC's protest
Step 1: Watch, understand and utilize Laura Ingraham's important broadcast last night on this subject. But keep in mind, Trump has already betrayed us on Amnesty, it is no longer a question of "if Trump does this." This video needs to be seen by as many Americans as you can show it to fast! Watch then share by email and social media.
VIDEO: Laura Ingraham Warns Trump: If You Break Immigration Promises, ‘Expect a Political Revolt From Base’
Step 2: Pick up your phone and call as many GOP lawmakers in DC as possible. Call to say:
"I am livid that your focus is passing DACA & Comprehensive Amnesty for illegal aliens for enforcement promises we can't trust! Americans should not be forced to trade Amnesty for secure borders. I want to see all Republicans face primary opponents over this betrayal on DACA!"
Please start with the Republican members of the House and Senate in your state and then expand outward to nearby states. CALL then WRITE as many as you can quickly!
Member websites provide comprehensive contact information:
Representatives | Senators
Contact your Senators/Representatives
Tweet Your Member of Congress
Click HERE for an Interactive U.S. map, Choose your state and look up your member of Congress.
Contact the President
U.S. Senators' Position on Amnesty
to see where your Senators stand.
Heritage Action No Amnesty Toolkit
Click HERE to reach Heritage Action's interactive toolkit. Includes sample tweets, letters, phone scripts and graphics used for effective communications to elected officials and the press.
One-Step to Find Most Elected Officials
for this easy to use tool from the League of Women Voters. It allows you to find your legislators, from the President and U.S. Senate on down to local councils. Simply enter your zip code. Zip code plus four not necessary.
Effective Ways to Get Your Legislators' Attention
Click HERE to read this viral article about the best way to get your legislators' attention.
4. Key Facts & Talking Points
- GOP suicide pact: DACA amnesty could flip 4 critical GOP states.
- Amnesty = 5 million New Americans: GOP plan is not amnesty, but would make future amnesty more likely. Democrats will push for it nonstop.
- DACA Amnesty will cost $26 billion: Advocates claim DACA employees with boost IRS tax revenues. This is false.
- Families WILL NOT be separated: Pro-amnesty groups whine that if DACA "kids" don't get amnesty, the DACA families will be ripped apart. How so? Illegal alien parents and children are all here now. Parents need to take their kids home. If the "kids" came here alone, sending them back will reunite them with their families! So no one is being ripped from their family!
- Illegal aliens take American jobs. Amnesty just makes it legal - rewarding both aliens and businesses that hire them.
- Illegal border crossings skyrocket: Illegal border crossings plummeted to historic lows early in President Trump's first year as shown in the chart below. Now they are up again, based on the perception that Trump is softening on border control.
- UAC apprehensions up 342 percent since April
- Family apprehensions up 583 percent since April
- DACA amnesty will open the floodgates: encouraging even greater illegal border entry.
- Illegal aliens are 94 percent of all foreigners in federal prison
- Illegal aliens comprised 33 percent of federal prisoners in 2014
- Illegal aliens committed 13 percent of all crimes in 2014, but represent only 3.5 percent of the U.S. population
- In 2008, 7,085 illegal aliens were convicted of homicide in NY, AZ, FL, TX and CA (GAO letter, PRI-14-267, January 13, 2015)
- Criminal aliens committed 600,000 crimes in Texas from 2011-2017, including 1,200 homicides; almost 69,000 assaults; 16,854 burglaries; 700 kidnappings; nearly 6,200 sexual assaults; 69,000 drug offenses; 8,700 weapons violations; and over 3,800 robberies
- 338 Illegal aliens committed 1,310 sex crimes against children in North Carolina, May 2016-Dec 2017
- Illegal alien gangs. Almost 30 percent of illegal alien youths crossing the border have ties to MS-13, the most violent street gang in the United States.
- Illegal aliens lie about age. Many who claim to be under age are not, and game the system by lying to get in.
- 4.5 million anchor babies 18 or under in the U.S. exceed annual birthrate of Americans.
- Five years of chain migration exceeds annual U.S. birthrate.
5. Last Thoughts
This is a critical issue and it may be our last opportunity to get real border reforms. We should all make this our number one priority every day from now until January 19. Bury them with your demands!
Good luck and good hunting!