The name of the organization will be Asheville Tea Party.
Article III – Scope of Activities
Using a project oriented structure and team leadership approach, ATP’s activities primarily include, but are not limited to the following:
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Liaison Activities
- Local (BCRWC/HVL/Party Barn)
- Regional (NC rally support for Mark Meadows)
- State (NC Tea Part Constitutional Caucus/Black Robe Regiment)
- National (FreedomWorks/Heritage Action)
- Media Relations
- Letters and Commentary
- Government Watch
- Establishing a media presence through radio, print ads, etc.
- Conducting opposition and issues research (ICaucus)
- Designing and coordinating events
- Facilitating educational opportunities
- Networking and forming ‘ad hoc’ organizational coalitions
- Soliciting financial donations in support of the above activities
Article IV – Leadership
- A Project Management Board Team will provide leadership to ATP.
- ATP will at all times have a certified Treasurer and Chairperson.
- Project leaders and members of their team will provide action items for the organization and set agenda for Board meeting.
- If any Project Management Board member leaves office in the middle of the term, Project Management Board Team members shall suggest candidates for the vacated position and choose a successor by consensus.
- Any Project Management Board Team Member may be removed by consensus of the Project Management Board.
Board Duties are as follows:
- Advocate and promote the mission of Asheville Tea Party.
- Provide input to newsletters and production.
- Oversee media relations.
- Contribute to website.
- Provide direction to Project Management Board and project leaders
- Develop Project Management Board by encouraging leadership from around District 11.
- In the event that the chairperson is incapacitated, his or her duties will be delegated by the Project Management Board Team.
- Maintain all reports, statements and other required documents.
- Collect, expend, and keep account of all the moneys received and spent by the group.
- Collect and deposit funds in the name of the organization.
- Prepare and present a financial report at the Board meetings and general organization meetings.
- Prepare and submit a financial statement at the termination fo the current term of office, to be submitted to the Board of Directors within thirty days after the termination date.
Project Management Board Members
- Set priorities for long and short term objectives based upon ATP’s mission statement
- Formulate and approve ATP policy based upon our mission statement
- Promote, organize and retire projects based upon ATP’s mission statement
- Approve organizational expenditures
- Remove Project Management Board member, if required
- Should the need arise, amend Project Management Board member duties to reflect new needs of the organization.
Article VII – Meetings
- Meetings are scheduled and announced by the Project Management Board.
- The Project Management Board will meet4 times a year at a time and place convenient to members. Meetings can be on a conference call.
- A weekly social/meeting open to all, will take place every Thursday at 6:00 pm.
- Determine individual project meeting time, place and members; meet as often as project members see fit
- Select, define and control project
- Ensuring that all resources and activities are on target throughout duration of the project
- Staying on plan
- Determine resources needed and report to Project Management Board
- Determine scope of operations
- Report progress to Project Management Board
- Disband project at completion with optional video documentation (See resource document: Project-Oriented Structure)
not mandatory and not limited to:
- Calls to Action
- Legislative Updates (Adopt-A-Bill…)
- Protests and Demonstrations
- Letter Writing, Online Commenting
- Educational Forums
- Round-Table Discussions
- Guest Speakers
- Subject matter Experts
- Key Figures
- Social Networking
- Parties, Get-Togethers
- Luncheons and Dinners
- Film Screenings
- Team Leads
- Video Production
- Ad, Literature and Poster Development