Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605877-282-0939, www.GRNC.org, Fax: 919-573-0354
GRNC ALERTSENATE THREATENS TO CONFISCATE
GUNS WITHOUT DUE PROCESS
| | |
In This Issue
2nd Amend. Resources
THE GOP THREATENS A
GUN CONFISCATION SCHEME
Is the old Lindsay back? According to US Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC), so-called “red flag” laws are an area where Republicans may just reach across the aisle…
As you review the details below, please keep a few things in mind:
- "Red Flag Law” and “Extreme Risk Protection Order” are simply euphemisms for the unlawful suspension of a person’s constitutional rights, absent any due process, based solely on hearsay from an accuser who has neither witnessed a crime, nor been victimized by one.
- The US House is currently held by Nancy Pelosi’s extremely anti-gun party. This means the Senate may be the only reliable road block to extremist gun control bills. Yet, we now see influential Republican senators suggesting they just might send a “red flag” bill to Speaker Pelosi for her party’s rubber stamp.
This is Serious
- If it can pass the Senate, it’ll breeze through the House, and then it’s on to the President, who unfortunately, seems open to unconstitutional ‘red flag’ laws, and who gets along great with Lindsay Graham.Wednesday, speaking on CNN as the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Graham confirmed that the powerful committee will hold a hearing on gun control. The hearing is expected to cover “extreme risk protection” orders (“red flag” laws). Gun control is a topic usually shunned by members of the Republican held senate, and rightfully so. This is why their sudden interest in a gun control hearing is an ominous sign.
Click here to read the CNN story, a story that quotes Senator Graham (emphasis ours):“I think there's a lot of common ground
[with Democrats] on enrolling people in
the background system who are a
danger to themselves or others.”
It’s probably safe to assume that you don’t want to be “enrolled” in anything concocted by Lindsay Graham and approved by Nancy Pelosi, especially when it comes to infringements on your Constitutionally guaranteed rights.
The CNN Story goes on:Say NO to Ending American Due Process
Graham, a supporter and strong ally of President Trump also says he has spoken with the President about it.
(See the last bullet point, above).It is critical that each of us contact the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Particularly North Carolina’s own, Senator Thom Tillis. Below, see how you can reach each member, starting with Senator Tillis, and let them know that you expect them to stand fordue process, for gun rights, and against “red flag” laws.
- SEND AN EMAIL MESSAGE TO US SENATOR THOM TILLIS (R-NC): Tillis is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Use the link provided below, under 'Contact Info,' to visit his Senate contact form. Use the copy/paste message provided below, under ‘Deliver This Message.’
- PHONE ALL SENATE JUDICIARY REPUBLICANS: Use the phone numbers provided below. Tell them you are calling about the Judiciary Committee's upcoming gun control hearing (March 26), and make the following points:
- “Red flag” or “extreme risk protection” laws are a blatant violation of the due-process rights guaranteed to each citizen by the Constitution, not to mention a violation of Second Amendment rights themselves.”
- The Senator surely knows that the term “red flag law” is simply a euphemism for the unlawful suspension of Constitutional rights, and the suspension of these rights is based on hearsay from someone who was neither a witness to, nor a victim of, a crime.
- Supporting this type of legislation would be a violation of the senator's oath of office and would be a severe breach of the trust the senator has earned from the voters.
- No American lawmaker could support this sort of law and still claim to be a supporter and protector of the Bill of Rights. Therefore, I demand that the senator lend precisely zero support to any gun control legislation, particularly “red flag” bills.
- PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO GRNC: Help us fight gun control while we promote Second Amendment principles. Please CLICK HERE to contribute. Bear in mind that GRNC is an all-volunteer organization, so you can be sure your donations are put to the best possible use. Any amount helps, and any amount is appreciated.
Republicans on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee:
Committee Member Contact Info
Sen. Thom Tillis (NC)
(Please phone & email Sen. Tillis. Copy/paste text below.)
web contact form (email):
index.cfm/email-me Sen. Lindsay Graham (SC) (Chairman) (202) 224-5972 n. Chuck Grassley (IA) (202) 224-3744 Sen. John Cornyn (TX) (202) 224-2934 Sen. Mike Lee (UT) (202) 224-5444 Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) (202) 224-5922 Sen. Ben Sasse (NE) (202) 224-4224 Sen. Joshua Hawley (MO) (202) 224-6154 Sen. Joni Ernst (IA) (202) 224-3254 Sen. Mike Crapo (ID) (202) 224-6142 Sen. John Kennedy (LA) (202) 224-4623 Sen. Marsha Blackburn (TN) (202) 224-3344
DELIVER THIS MESSAGE
Suggested Subject: "NO to Unconstitutional ‘Red Flag’ Laws!"
Dear Senator Tillis:
It has come my attention that the Senate Judiciary Committee intends to hold a gun control hearing on or around March 26. I also understand that the committee chairman has expressed a willingness to work with Democrats on gun control, specifically so-called “red flag” laws.
“Red flag” or “extreme risk protection” laws are a blatant violation of the due-process rights guaranteed to each citizen by the Constitution, not to mention a violation of Second Amendment rights themselves. Because of this, supporting this type of legislation would be a violation of your oath of office and would be a severe breach of the trust you’ve earned from the voters you serve.
You know as well as I that “red flag law” is simply a euphemism for the unlawful suspension of (several) Constitutional rights. The suspension of these rights is based on hearsay from someone who was neither a witness to, nor a victim of, a crime. No American lawmaker could support this sort of law and still claim to be a supporter and protector of the Bill of Rights.
Therefore, I demand that you lend precisely zero support to any gun control legislation, particularly “red flag” bills. Rather, I expect you to speak against “red flag” laws, exposing them for what they are.I will be monitoring your actions on this matter through alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina.
MORE ABOUT GRNC © 2019 Grass Roots North Carolina. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution is permitted provided full attribution is given and the item is reprinted in its entirety. Address questions to: President@GRNC.org