Liberty First Grassroots is inviting you to a Legislative Day of Action on April 13th.
NC legislators need to hear from you.
Where and When
NC General Assembly/Legislative Bld.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 9:30 am to 2:00 pm,
16 West Jones Street, Raleigh NC 27601
(in front of the General Assembly/Legislative Bld.)
Our Legislators Need to Fix These Three Issues:
1. STOP HATE IN THE CLASSROOM! - See attached flyer.
Stop the new K-12 Social Studies Standards that were approved by the NC Board of Education this year. Lt. Governor Mark Robinson informed the Board that many North Carolinians were not aware of the standards and when they became aware over 30,000 signed a petition in only 4 days that they were diametrically opposed to the changes. This compares to the reported 7000 who reviewed the standards and were 85% in agreement with them. The Board of Education approved the standards anyway. The Legislature, however, had ONLY voted to add a personal finance literacy to the curriculum (GS. 115C-81.65), not to re-write all the standards as the bureaucrats had done. The Legislature can STOP this new standards from being implemented, but your
Lt. Governor Mark Robinson indicated that the standards are:
· political in nature and paint America as being systematically racist.
· divisive and consistently separate Americans into groups in an effort to undermine our unity.
· indoctrinating our students against our great country and our founders.
· not age-appropriate in the elementary grades.
2. SUPPORT FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS – The Legislature is working on legislation and needs our support. See attached flyer https://ashevilleteaparty.org/election-integrity-flyer/
3. SUPPORT FREE CHOICE – NOT ANTI VACCINE - ANTI MANDATES
Please look up your legislators, if you can, before you arrive at this link. https://www.ncleg.gov/
Enter your address and you will find your NC Senator and Representative, or
Find your NC House Rep here: https://www.ncleg.gov/House
Find you NC Senator here: https://www.ncleg.gov/Senate
Please stop by the registration table to obtain handouts with talking points to highlight/leave with your Representative and Senator and directions to their offices. We are asking that you also visit the other legislators on the same floor, if possible.
Sign Lt. Governor Robinson’s petition to stop the K-12 Social Study Standards at this link. https://f.ls/e7zfO
The Social Study Standards can be found at this link Standards
Thank you for supporting these efforts. See the attached map. Please pass on this email.
Liberty First Grassroots